Wednesday 30 July 2014

The Skinny Bitch Collective Workout

Pin It Now!

Have you heard about Russell Bateman? If not, where have you been hiding?

The Skinny Bitch Collective

Founder of The Skinny Bitch Collective (SBC) - The IT fitness programme for women, and training the likes of supermodels and athletes, it is fair to say this man is a womens health and fitness bible. Millie Mackintosh, Daisy Lowe and Suki Waterhouse are just a few names who put themselves under the paces of gruelling SBC workouts.

Not to mention his model and nutritionist girlfriend, Danielle Copperman, runs a pretty amazing blog - Model Mangetout and creates the ever so popular Qnola - which you can currently find stocked at The Detox Kitchen in London.

Bateman preaches sex, sleep and squatting, and says your typical SBC class is a combination strength and metabolic conditioning with primal movements for maximum results.. breaking a sweat thinking about it. 



SBC workshop photographs by Russell Bateman/SBC

I guess you could say I am a fitness wannabe, lover of all healthy eats and exercise, I head down to the gym, run like I think I am Paula Radcliffe and lift weights imagining I am going to walk out the gym the next Paige Hathaway, but in reality I am absolutely clueless and my fitness knowledge is honestly pretty basic.

However, being in my "I am the hulk" fitness phase:


"A phase where a person thinks they are far superior in stamina and muscle then they really are, and makes impulsive decisions based on this feeling"


(Ok, so I just made that up).

I decided to sign up to one of SBC's exclusive workshops. 
Bad decision? You might think. The class definitely put me through my paces, including running, crawling, weighted movements, resistance bands.. the list is endless. The term 'full body workout' is an understatement. 

The verdict: 

After struggling with weight loss, fatigue, lack of concentration and energy for at least 6 months now, I was destined to struggle with such an intense class, this was made more obvious when compared to the fitness fanatics that joined me in the SBC workout room. But I learnt a lot and knowledge is key. 

"Going to the gym and spending an hour on a cross-trainer four times a week is like going to the Tate gallery and spending your time looking at the cloakroom." - Russell Bateman, Glossip Girl


I love this quote and must admit I have definitely been guilty of this in the past! I can now take what I have learnt from SBC and put it into practice, work on my fitness ability and maybe next time I will conquer the unconquerable SBC class. It was ultimately an experience and a great one I would recommend it to those who are fit, know the key movements, have the correct form and feel confident with all of these - as the class is of high level. Russell was a great instructor and gave me fantastic advice at the end of the class, even offering his nutritional advice to help me gain muscle. 
The class really made me want to get healthy again, as after experiencing rapid weight loss in which I lost all my curves, I really struggled with any movements you had to lie down for because of the pain of my back bones and hip bones on the floor. The class made me realise how unhealthy my body is, HUGE WAKEUP CALL! After the workout we all got some of Danielle Copperman's Qnola, which I am planning on doing a whole blog post for, let's just say it was divine. 

Danielle Copperman, Qnola. Image from The Detox Kitchen.

I also seen a quote the other day that really resinated with me and was my main thought while getting the tube back to my flat:

"I have never felt bigger then I did at my thinest" 

I walked into SBC ready to work on my troublesome tummy, but I walked out ready to work on my health. 

No comments :

Post a Comment