Sunday 3 August 2014

My week in smiles #1

Pin It Now!
Inspired by blogger Cider with Rosie I have decided to do weekly posts about what I've had to smile about that week. I think this is a great way to stay positive, especially at times when you feel like the world is against you, 
a mindset I am trying to get myself out of.
I have been presented with such amazing opportunities to work and live in London and Sydney this next year, 
yet I feel all doom and gloom because of many sleepless nights and my body is not functioning as well as it should be which is really effecting my day-to-day life.
I realise I shouldn't feel this way as I have so many things to be thankful for:

I have an amazing family, my mum is my rock, she has always supported me and her 
love is unconditional.
I have amazing friends who are always there for me, even when I haven't been in contact with them for days or weeks.
I am able to walk, run and jump.
I can eat.
I can breathe.
I am alive.
I am lucky.

Yet the small things in life seem to be getting me down and I have no right to feel this way, there is many people less fortunate than myself. They say your twenties are your best years, I want to look back on my twenties and smile, laugh and reminisce about everything good, not remember the time I spent in my bedroom feeling anxious, worrying about what I ate and complaining about how tired I am. Making myself sound really fun aren't I?


Well I am ready for change! I am ready to say YES to every opportunity that comes my way, even if it is just going to the pub or going to grab an ice cream with my friends.
I may have not started 2014 with the best mindset but I am certainly going end 2014 positively, being the best me I can be.

So I declare to everyone reading this post..

I WILL SAY YES.
I WILL TRY NEW THINGS.
I WILL BE HAPPY.
I WILL LAUGH.
I WILL JOKE.
I WILL SMILE.
I WILL BE POSITIVE.

Welcome to the first of many...

10 things that've made me smile this week:


1. Phone calls with my mum, she always knows how to brighten the day.

2. Oats mixed with natural yogurt. How have I never mixed my porridge oats and yogurt before, such a  satisfying breakfast, top it with berries and banana.. heaven in my mouth.

3. The sunshine. We have been incredibly lucky in Britain with summer sun this year, 
I love seeing everyone outside enjoying the weather, having barbecues, sunbathing in the parks, sipping on fruit smoothies… bliss.

4. My blog. I have been receiving so much support and feedback, I am truly grateful to every one of you.

5. Daydreaming about flying to Australia next month!

6. Church. I have met some amazing people through attending Church, such a great community and overwhelming love that I feel when I step into Church every Sunday, 
my relationship with God is constantly growing.

7. Coffee, all day every day. Getting me through those sleepless nights and 
early mornings.

8. Book Club. Reading is a great way to relax. I could spend hours in a good book shop, 
I love the smell, the atmosphere, the feel of an untouched book as I turn the page for the first time...
The only problem is that I always manage to get over enthusiastic and buy too many books, then I get home, pile them high and wonder when I will actually be able to finish all these books, but then the cycle starts again every time I see a book shop or discover 
a new book I would love to get my hands on - Confessions of a book-a-holic.  

9. Pineapple. This is becoming my favourite summer fruit, so fresh!


10. Discovering the instagram of @yamafujisun, who posts the most adorable puppy images I have ever seen.. here is a snippet to get your puppy senses tingling:


 



Song of the week: Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
This song is great to chill out to in the summer sun, 'X' is simply the perfect album.
Movie of the week: About A Boy 
A classic, hadn't watched this in awhile but after it was on TV on Saturday night
I remember how great this movie is!
Blogger of the week: Cider with Rosie
Of course Rosie had to be my blogger of the week after inspiring these weekly posts. 
She has such a great lifestyle blog and is a beautiful writer.

What's been making you smile this week? :)

No comments :

Post a Comment