Wednesday 24 September 2014

Fashionable Autumn

Pin It Now!
As Autumn approaches back home in the UK, I have just landed in the sunshine city of my internships… Sydney - Australia! I am currently unpacking my suitcase of books, sunglasses, swimwear, shorts, dresses and floppy hats.

Before I packed-up and up-rooted down under for 3 months I started to plan this Autumn post. Autumn is my favourite season to shop and I am pretty sad I will be missing Autumn 2014.. but hey I will be in Australia, no complaints there! However, my shopping subscriptions think I am still in the UK with constant Autumnal emails rolling in to my inbox with key must-haves for A/W 2014.

The changes in weather make me restless for a bit of retail therapy (these shops know my weakness!) and to avoid my twitchy hands going over-board on pressing the checkout button too frequently buying myself unnecessary A/W clothing, I decided to instead browse and browse to scoop out a few of my favourite fashion trends to share with those of you preparing for the Autumn chill.

Lets talk:

Over-sized - buying everything that little bit bigger is always popular during the colder months, whether it is in preparation for some added Christmas weight or just for sheer cosiness, either way A/W '14 has really outdone it.. everything is bigger and better than ever!

Tailored - Suited and booted with perfectly tailored cuts. I've got mine and it is my new wardrobe romance, *cough* Cara Delevigne at Topshop *cough*.

High-rise necklines - I would say since A/W 2013 the turtle neck has been creeping its way back into our most loved high-street stores. But ultimately this is one look that will forever remain in Vogue. A/W 2014 seems to be the year of the neckline, everyone is adding that bit of mystery to one of the most alluring parts of the female body. Slouchy, chunky, fitted or ribbed you are bound to fall in love with one.

Pointed flats - Polish up your look with pointed flats. Great to dress any outfit up without the need of heels and perfect from desk 'til dawn. I treated myself to a pair for LFW.. I haven't looked back, I pair mine with black tailored trousers in the evening and ripped skinnys in the day.

Leopard Print - Unleash your wild side. A/W is showing a mixture of looks from at the Office to Rock 'nd Roll, yes this is quite the contrast but I could not think of a more perfect combination.. Office by day, Rock 'nd Roll by night. Leopard print seems to be the focal of the wild side. Who would of thought are wardrobes would be filled up with turtle necks and leopard print again. De ja vu?

Popping your colour - Monochrome is big this season! You can't go wrong it is the most versatile staple wardrobe, but adding a slight pop of colour can instantly change a look. This season is all about monochromes mixed in with splashes of green, hues of blue and lemony yellows.

Cosying up - A/W '14 loves to keep you toasty, from fuzzy bags to luxurious fur coats and shearling visible left, right and centre, there is no excuse for you to be hibernating this year!

Images:

Top/Left - Unif Crayola Jumper 
Top/Right - Knitted Rib Skirt  & Jumper with Flared Sleeve
Botton/Left - Cowl Neck Poncho
Bottom/Right - Tailored Striped Blazer and Peg Leg Trousers

No comments :

Post a Comment